Indoor Worship Services
Dear West Covina Christian Church,
On March 15, Los Angeles County moved to Tier 2 on their Roadmap to Recovery. This change showed that we are moving in the right direction and that things are beginning to open up. Our church leadership has been watching things closely and seeking God’s guidance on how we should be meeting.
In light of the recent changes, the Regathering Committee (Pr. Darren, Pr. Yasu, Andrew, Audrey, Bob, JR, Nao) met over the course of the last couple of weeks, prayed, and discussed when we would take the next step in our regathering plan. This next step is to move inside to the sanctuary. The date that we have set for moving back into the sanctuary is June 6.
Here are a few of the reasons why the June 6 date was chosen:
- We want to be as safe as possible. Our current format with an outdoor worship service that is live streamed is safe and comfortable for us right now.
- As the summer approaches, the summer heat will eventually make it so that it is not safe and comfortable for us to meet outside for worship.
- It is predicted that vaccinations will be available and accessible to everyone (over 18 years old) by the end of May.
- Some of the CDC Guidelines may begin to be eased over the next couple of months.
- The work on the sanctuary will be completed by June 6.
- This date allows ministries like the worship team, A/V team, welcoming team, and children’s ministry to have enough time to make adjustments and be ready for this new environment.
Throughout the pandemic, predictions seem to be futile. We recognize that things might not go as planned and then we will have to make another adjustment. However, as for now, we are setting the date of June 6 to move into the sanctuary and hope that this will work out.
Here’s a video to help explain this further:
As we get closer to this date, we will be communicating details about the safe practices that we will employ and about what certain ministries will look like as they change or open back up. In the meantime, we encourage you to pray for God’s guidance and for the health and safety of our church.
While we have been careful not to pressure anyone to come back in-person, we hope that there is a day coming soon when everyone will feel comfortable to attend church in-person again. When you reach that point, we will welcome you back with a huge smile on our faces (under our masks) and a virtual high five.
With love and care,